You love it, I know

I rewatched Advent Children Complete and I was really emotional about everything because I haven't watched it in a few years. I totally adore (pretty much every scene with Rude and Reno, buuut well) the scene at the end of this tunnel on the highway, where they talk about this bomb that Rude made. "You love it, I know" (or something like "I knew you're crazy about it / I knew you're into it" in the German version) is giving the impression that Rude made the bomb (not exlusively but among other things) for Reno's entertainment, lol.


What really upset me was the realization how super wrong everything about Reno is in the FF7 Remake ... Nothing in the previous works is indicating that Reno is such an asshole. I know the Turks have done some really bad stuff, and I'm not even talking about that, that's character development of course. But I think in the FF7 Remake he seems a bit off? His behaviour has never been so provoking and nasty, it used to be simply "cool"?
Also his looks are supposed to be "evil" in the FF7 Remake, I guess. In some scenes I even thought that his face is somewhat deformed, because it's got some weird edges around the chin and jaw. It never was like that, his facial features in the cutscene at the end of Crisis Core and in Advent Children are actually pretty feminine and ... I don't know ... soft? I totally lack a proper English vocabulary to express this, ugh. :')
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is ... I don't like how they portrayed him in the FF7 Remake and I'd like to stick with the Original.

It's hard to say this, I know a lot of people love the Remake and have never played the Original and that's totally fine. What bothers me is that there will be so many individual "canon" versions out there in the future because everyone is cherry picking. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm doing the same thing, it's simply the result of this really weird Remake, that is rather a Reinterpretation in my opinion.

Now I don't know what I wanted to say about this picture, errrr .... probably something about feminine and soft features?